xri message

Subject: RE: [xri] RE: [xri-comment] XRI Resolution

I'd also suggest that a simple XRI server can be built with a relatively straightforward CGI running under apache. The CGI's main responsibilities would be to perform normalization of resolution requests and dispatching to static files on disk.

The ability to suppotr a lightweight (though limited functionality) implementation was an explicit design consideration on my part.

Client side (resolution) should similarily be very lightweight, depending on the features implemented.

I think Loren nails it in comparing it to dns resolution infrastructure - not much proprietary value but tons of community value. The perfect case for open source.

	-Gabe