xri message

Subject: RE: [xdi] XDI/XRI Question

First, I'll acknowledge that xri:@epok.pin/=Dave/+email is syntactically
legal. Second, because =Dave/+email is part of local access and is therefore
outside of the define resolution protocol, it's conceivable that it could be
considered equivalent to (=Dave)/(+email). Having said that, I think it's
reflects a very bad practice. I much prefer xri:@epok.pin/(=Dave)/(+email).
The reason a subsegment is allowed to start with =, + or @ is because it's
not ambiguous with a fully qualified XRI. In other words, =Dave is allowed
because = couldn't possibly be a global context symbol - if it were, it
would be inside a cross-reference. Equating the two is wrong, in my opinion.
Drummond may disagree.

Dave