xri message

Subject: FW: Information on the UDEF - semantic equivalency mechanism

XDI TC Members and Observers (and also XRI TC Members and Observers):

I am forwarding this reply from John Hardin of UDEF.ORG who doesn't have
permission to send directly to the lists.

Gabe, I note for the XRI TC that we discussed UDEF six+ months ago, and John
and his colleagues should definitely be able to help us understand the
intersection better now.

=Drummond

-----Original Message-----
From: john hardin [mailto:john@sanghainteractive.com]
Sent: Monday, May 10, 2004 11:59 AM
To: 'john hardin'; ronschuldt@msn.com; ron.l.schuldt@lmco.com;
dsommer@comptia.org; dnickull@adobe.com; geoffrey.strongin@amd.com;
jim_rapoza@ziffdavis.com; patrick.stickler@nokia.com; Drummond Reed
Cc: dconnelly@openapplications.org; mrowell@openapplications.org;
mmckenzie@adobe.com; psnack@aiag.org; udef.builders@topica.com; 'XDI TC';
david@drrw.info; Jamie.clark@oasis-open.org

Drummond,
Thanks very much, I will replace the paper I had printed <shame on me for
killing trees>.

Also - I am copying you on an email that just went between myself, David RR
Webber and Joseph Chiusano, regarding UDEF and CAM.

I think between these groups, and including the Reg/Rep, and some work by
the ontologies/taxonomies/RDF/eBusiness Schema formats etc, we can come up
with a very usable semantic equivalency mechanism for web services, B2B and
eventually, the semantic web...

Thanks for the interaction. Incidentally, I will be registering
http://www.sanghainteractive.com (my company) as a OASIS technical member,
and I believe should probably start a UDEF Technical Committee.

What are comments from any and all on that?

John Hardin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
john c hardin
director / founder - sangha interactive