xri message

Subject: Single delegation character

Since ! seems to have the most current support, I'll use it as a
stand-in for the dot replacement. Parsing XRIs is difficult because of
cross-references. The added complexity of two second level delimiters
instead of one is miniscule. I generally understand the argument that
since there's a single first level delimiter, there's some goodness in
the parallelism of a single second level delimiter, but it doesn't seem
strong enough to be the deciding factor. As for readability, do you
really prefer xri:@:1!:2!:3 over xri:@:1:2:3?

Dave