xri message

Subject: Re: Single delegation character

Wait a minute - how does '!' have the most support?  I believe there's
four of us (Drummond, Victor, Owen and myself at the least) who prefer
'*' -- not to mention that there is code now using '*'.

But we really have to consider the public and not just programmers, as
programmer could care less, or lean towards '!' (I kinda like the old
bang addressing model myself).  But it's *users* who's community e-names
will be either @idcommons!fen or @idcommons*fen, and from my (albeit
informal) user surveys, they overwhelmingly prefer the latter.

We'll do another survey this weekend - I'll be comfortable with the
results either way.

Fen