xri message

Subject: RE: [xri] RE: Single delegation character

I made the suggestion on purpose.  There is a conference going on,
and a chance to solicit user feedback.  If the users feel more
comfortable with the slash (which I think they will), then there
may not be as much of a disagreement over replacing dot with
bang vs. splat.

=Loren

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave McAlpin [mailto:Dave.McAlpin@epok.net]
Sent: Friday, June 04, 2004 2:38 PM
To: Loren West; Fen Labalme
Cc: xri@lists.oasis-open.org

But the question at hand is what to do about dot in light of the new
draft of 2396bis. @idcommons/fen is clearly legal, but unless you're
suggesting that there should be no subsegments (i.e. that second level
delimiters should be removed from the spec), then we still have to
settle on a replacement for dot.

Dave

At
> this point, I think, Mike Lindelsee, Peter Davis, Gabe Wachob and I
have
> all expressed a preference for bang. Since it was clearly the leading
> contender, it seemed reasonable to use that when constructing
examples.

> Dave

One