xri message

Subject: RE: [xri] First cut at new BNF

xri-fragment and xri-query both had slash and question mark twice. That’s corrected.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave McAlpin [mailto:Dave.McAlpin@epok.net]
Sent: Tuesday, June 15, 2004 10:52 AM
To: xri@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [xri] First cut at new BNF

Attached is a first cut at a new BNF that’s more closely aligned with the current drafts of 2396bis and IRI. In this version, dot is replaced directly with star (i.e. dot is a peer of colon). Note that I’ve been much more aggressive with the use of IRIs which allows us to invent fewer productions.

Please review closely – I’m sure there are problems and inconsistencies. You may notice that the productions for xri-fragment and xri-query are ambiguous in that they allow an optional xref AND parens. This could be handled with a “first match wins” algorithm, but I’m not sure why we even call out the option for an xref. This and other issues are listed at the bottom of the doc.

Dave