xri message

Subject: RE: [xri] Timing of next rev of the XRI spec

Dave-

Sounds fine to me.

That being said, and as you hint, I'd *really* like to get the changes we are thinking about nailed down asap in a stable draft. We all are anxious to get to something that is not going to change.

In particular, after the current 2396bis vote closes, I'd like to move pretty quickly to the * issue(s) and come to a vote within a small number of weeks (assuming we don't have any major pushback).

    -Gabe
gwachob@visa.com
Chief Systems Architect
Technology Strategies and Standards
Visa International
Phone: +1.650.432.3696   Fax: +1.650.554.6817
-----Original Message-----
From: Dave McAlpin [mailto:Dave.McAlpin@epok.net]
Sent: Wednesday, June 23, 2004 2:53 PM
To: xri@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [xri] Timing of next rev of the XRI spec

I’m working on a draft of the next rev of XRI, and I’d _really_ like to make normative references to IRI and 2936bis. If we do this, however, we’ll need to stay in draft form until those specs become RFCs. In practical terms, we’d produce a stable draft, encourage implementation but defer voting on a formal revision until IRI and 2396bis were formalized as RFCs. This is what IRI did (it refers to 2396bis as RFCYYYY) so we have a good precedent, but it also means we’d significantly delay a true revision. I’m interested in the group’s thoughts on this.

Dave