xri message

Subject: Re: [xri] Issue 1: Clarifying * Semantics

That's not how I read it.  Drummond seemed to conclude that 'establishing the
  syntactic "equal footing" of * and / for the purpose of enabling the
expression  of peer-to-peer linking vs. hierarchical relationships' was not
only possible but useful and desirable.

And while I agree with Victor (and everyone) that :3*:4 is ugly, the beauty is
in the clarity of purpose.  In the persistent e-number above, it is clear that
:3 is a persistent e-number that is delegating to :4.  And as beauty is in the
eye of the beholder, we are fortunate that only in very rare circumstances
will people find themselves confronted with such an XRI.

Fen