xri message

Subject: RE: [xri] Issue 1: Clarifying * Semantics

Actually, a GCS character is not a sub-segment per the BNF, but it
certainly has the same characteristics as a sub-segment and is defined
as a "qualified sub-segment" in the resolution section. If we view
xri:@:1010 as having two sub-segments, there's no question that a) : is
a sub-segment separator in xri:@:1010 and b) there's an implied
reassignable sub-segment separator in xri:@1010.

Dave