xri message

Subject: RE: [xri] Getting the temperature on Issue 1

While I agree that this issue is not as important as some others, I wouldn't
rate the importance as low as a 2. For reasons I'll explain in a subsequent
message (which I was working on when my Sony laptop got back from repair so
I have spent all morning moving back over to it), I think it may be around
a 5.

That said, I agree that we need to move on to other issues, including one
new one that I'm preparing a writeup on and will post by the end of the day.

I also suggest that we should probably schedule a telecon soon to accelerate
discussion/closure of many of these issues. Perhaps late next week or early
the week after?

=Drummond

-----Original Message-----
From: Wachob, Gabe [mailto:gwachob@visa.com]
Sent: Friday, July 09, 2004 11:34 AM
To: xri@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [xri] Getting the temperature on Issue 1

I think we've done a very good job of sussing out the positions on Issue 1.

Its also clear we haven't gotten anywhere towards consensus.

My *personal feeling* is that the issue is that the proposed change doesn't
affect the value or use of XRIs that much one way or the other. I think, for
example, that the "*" issue may be a "bigger deal".

If I were rating this issue in terms of relative importance (10 being a
critical change that can add a lot of value (or do a lot of damage), 1 being
a change that wouldn't), I'd rate it about 2. That is, even if I agreed with
the value of the change, I'd estimate that the magnitude of the impact of
the change to be 2 out of 10.

For those who are active in this thread, what do you think? If this is a 2
or 3 out of 10 for the everyone, I'd say we should have a vote sooner and
move on. If, on the other hand, there are strongly held feelings that this
change is critical (or devastating), we can continue the discussion for a
bit more.

Just a straw poll - nothing formal.

	-Gabe