xri message

Subject: RE: [xri] updated proposed XRI 1.1 ABNF

We don't have any requirements on error codes for malformed XRIs.  If you are writing an ActiveX component for IE (or something similar) that uses XRIs, you could handle the error in any way you see fit.  Perhaps something like opening a dialog to let the user know that the XRI is malformed would do the trick.

Mike