xri message

Subject: XRI example in Introduction to Syntax spec

XRI TC Members,

In drafting an updated Introduction section to the XRI 2.0 Syntax
specification, the editors would like to add an short example XRI usage
scenario - not more than one page (it might be expanded further in the
longer XRI Primer document). Other specs do this both to make the spec more
accessible and to provide an immediate checkpoint for the reader in their
understanding of the purpose and scope of the document.

The example should quickly illustrate the primary features of XRIs, i.e.,
persistence/reassignability, global context symbols, delegation,
cross-references, and resolution.

The scenario we have discussed is that of an individual who uses XRI service
to have a set of abstract, location-independent identifiers, and the way
these XRIs may be used to request concrete addressing attributes and local
services associated with that individual. We might show:

* Registration of both a human-friendly, reassignable XRI and
machine-friendly persistent XRI for the same person.

* Delegation of these XRIs by an organization.

* The corresponding XRID for a resolution request.

* The use of cross-references to XRIs in the + space to request the local
access URI for a well-known attribute.

Before I write a first draft of this scenario I wanted to check with TC
members to see if they have any other feedback or thoughts. Please send them
to the list and I'll include them.

=Drummond