xri message

Subject: RE: [xri] Adding XDI as a service in XRIDs

Gabe,

I understand your point about not making a normative reference to an
unfinished spec. But this raises the larger issue: what do you think should
be the process for adding a service identifier to the namespaces defined in
section 2.1.4 of your draft Res spec at
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/10733/xri20res.doc?

In other words, once the XDI TC has published the XDI specifications, how
would the XDI TC go about having XDI registered as an XRIAuthority and
LocalAccess protocol?

(I will also put in a plug that XDI deserves a *non-normative reference* as
an example of at least one XRIAuthority/LocalAccess Service that is under
development specifically for XRI-identified resources.)

=Drummond

-----Original Message-----
From: Wachob, Gabe [mailto:gwachob@visa.com]
Sent: Monday, January 10, 2005 11:52 AM
To: Drummond Reed; xri@lists.oasis-open.org

Drummond-
	Strong objection to the first. I don't see why referring to a
non-existent spec normatively at this point makes any sense, especially when
the current wording doesn't *prevent* future use of XDI as a local access
protocol specified in the Service element for Local Access.

	Agreement that the second would be reasonable. If for no other
reason than parallelism to Local Access.

	-Gabe

gwachob@visa.com
Chief Systems Architect
Technology Strategies and Standards