xri message

Subject: Minutes of today's XRI Editor call

XRI TC Members and Observers,

We are making solid progress towards XRI 2.0 (see also the following email
about the proposed timeline). Following are the minutes of today's XRI
Editor's Subcommittee meeting:

Present: Gabe Wachob, Mike Lindelsee, Peter Davis, Drummond Reed

We discussed the status of the 3 normative and 1 information XRI 2.0
documents. A report on each follows:

1) XRI Syntax 2.0: Mike has the baton on the current 4.0 working draft and
will pass it back to Drummond by COB next Monday. Peter has the baton on the
Security Considerations section and will pass it back to Drummond by COB
Monday. Since Dave is travelling, Drummond will integrate and post the full
spec to the list by COB Wednesday.

2) XRI Resolution 2.0: Gabe has the baton on the current 3.0 working draft
and will integrate Drummond's revisions. He will also add a section on error
codes, and a section on MustUnderstand (either how we will use it or why we
don't use it, depending on the outcome of this decision). He will post the
4.0 working draft before the XRI Editor's call next Friday at 10am PT.

3) XRI Metadata 2.0: Drummond has the baton on the 2.0 working draft. The
editors agreed that: a) the XRI Resolution spec would become the authority
for the resolution branch of the $ space, b) because resolution was not
"identifier metadata", but a protocol, it was fine to use more semantically
descriptive identifiers in this space, and specifically "$res" as the root
of this space, and c) Gabe will propose the new $res vocabulary in wd4.0 of
the Resolution spec. Drummond will submit wd2.0 to the editor's list before
next Friday's Editor's SC call.

4) XRI Primer 2.0: Fen was not able to attend the call, but we agreed that
this document was becoming increasingly important as a vehicle for
communicating the purpose, features, and applications of XRI 2.0. Drummond
will work with Fen to prepare a 1.0 working draft by the next Editor's call.

Lastly we discussed the potential timeline for submitting XRI 2.0 as an
OASIS standard, given that the last specification on which we depend, SAML
2.0, has now been submitted for a member vote. Drummond took the action item
to contact OASIS regarding clarification of this timeline (see the next
email).

=Drummond