xri message

Subject: Outline for XRI Primer

XRI TC Members and Observers:

With the accelerating timeline and widening audience needing to understand
XRIs (especially as we go to an OASIS-wide vote), the importance of the XRI
Primer is escalating quickly.

To help move this work forward, following is a proposed outline for this
document. Please post any feedback to the list, and Fen and I will work this
into the first working draft for the XRI Editor's TC call next Friday.

=Drummond

Introduction: Why XRIs?
Typical Usage Scenarios
XRI Syntax: The Five Main Features
	Persistence
	Cross References
	Global Context Symbols
	Federation
	Extensibility
XRI Resolution
	Generic Resolution
	Trusted Resolution
XRI Metadata
	Language
	Font/Glyph
	Versioning
	Datetime
	Annotations
Internationalization: How XRI Builds on IRI
XRI Applications
	XRI Dictionaries and XRI "Tagging"
	XDI (XRI Data Interchange)