xri message

Subject: RE: [xri] Outline for XRI Primer

 I came up with this order of the features by doing two things.  A
pairwise comparison between each feature and thinking about which
feature was most useful to me as an architect or developer of
distributed systems.  The other factor I considered was which features
are more clearly available in XRIs than in other URI schemes (e.g., HTTP
URLs).  For me the key is that XRIs support the development of
distributed systems and federation is something that I would argue is
necessary for those systems and not as easily available in other URI
schemes.

As for persistence falling to the bottom of my list, while I find it a
theoretically interesting feature, I don't have good use cases for it --
and XRI only supports it in syntax, not in implementation or deployment.
So given that perspective, I find all of the other features more useful
to architects/developers.

Mike