xri message

Subject: RE: [xri] RE: [xri-editors] XRI Primer status question

Hi Drummond,

  The way it's typically handled electronically is by creating two ballots that run simultaneously. The first is to approve the
document as a committee draft, the second is contingent on the first.

  Here's samples from SAML:

Vote to affirm CD Status

Do you agree that the specification set described in:

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services/200501/msg00052.html

is to be approved as an SSTC Committee draft?

This vote requires at least 2/3 of all SSTC voting members to vote in the affirmative.

Submit Committee Drafts to OASIS for Standardization

Assuming the vote to move the specs to Committee Draft status passes, do you further vote to immediately send the specifications to
OASIS for a standardization vote. The submission will take place on 15-Jan-2005.

This vote requires a simple majority.

Mary P McRae
OASIS
Manager of TC Administration