xri message

Subject: RE: [xri] Relative XRIs

Actually I think what we have right now is fine. It’s slightly more restrictive than generic URI syntax, but that’s ok. I’ll write up the differences and send it to the list tomorrow.

Dave

From: Drummond Reed [mailto:drummond.reed@cordance.net]
Sent: Monday, February 14, 2005 3:24 PM
To: 'Wachob, Gabe'; Dave McAlpin; xri@lists.oasis-open.org

Gabe,

Actually, "//@foo" is exactly the type of thing I thought Dave was asking about, although he chose to illustrate his question using an IRI authority rather than an XRI authority. In other words, he was referring to "//foo.com" instead of "//@foo", but I thought they both fell into the same count.

But I also didn't think that any XRI that starts with "//" could be relative. I thought that character sequence at the start of an XRI always indicated an absolute XRI. Since "@foo" is already an absolute XRI, my observation was only that "//@foo" should also be considered an equivalent absolute XRI.

How can we wrestle this one to the ground quickly?

=Drummond