xri message

Subject: Interesting URI-IG tidbits

I've found the following tidbits:

[1] is a draft to update several RFCs and provides "guidelines and recommendations for the definition of new URI schemes, and a mechanism to register those URI schemes". Something we'll be keenly interested in, as somebody has to go through the IETF process of registering a new "xri" URI scheme.

[2] is the summary of the current "URI Interest Group" which is reviewing this draft as well as planning to discuss several other URI related issues that might or might not affect the use of XRIs.

[3] Is the new charter of the IG whose mission is: "The mission of this group is to review and discuss ongoing work in the area of Uniform Resource Identifiers (URIs) and Internationalized Resource Identifiers (IRIs) and to facilitate deployment of quality implementations by maintaining testing materials."

This group is basically an email list (with possible IRC chats or teleconferences) and membership is open. I expect XRI to come up there as we go to OASIS-level vote.

    -Gabe

[1] http://ietfreport.isoc.org/idref/draft-hansen-2717bis-2718bis-uri-guidelines/
[2] http://www.w3.org/2001/12/URI/
[3] http://www.w3.org/2004/07/uri-ig-charter.html

gwachob@visa.com
Chief Systems Architect
Technology Strategies and Standards
Visa International
Phone: +1.650.432.3696   Fax: +1.650.554.6817