xri message

Subject: XRI Escaping Tool

For my own understanding, and as a service to the XRI community, I have written a tool to implement what I understand to be the XRI to URI transformation rules. If you input an XRI with unicode (or just ascii) characters, it will display the IRI-normal and URI-normal forms. This obviously requires a utf-capable OS & browser, which is most of them these days. Tested on firefox 1.0 and IE6.

http://www.wachob.com/xriescape/

Please do try it. I've implemented this using the python unicode facilities and the escaping rules as I interpret them. I would like everyone to try this out themselves and please report back a) if the results are what you expect and b) if you see any hiccups.

I think one of the most complicated facets of XRI syntax is the escaping rules, but they are critical for interoperability, so please do hammer away.

    -Gabe

P.S. I will, of course, publish source code once I get a feeling that its producing results that seem to be agreeable with everyone.

gwachob@visa.com
Chief Systems Architect
Technology Strategies and Standards
Visa International
Phone: +1.650.432.3696   Fax: +1.650.554.6817