xri message

Subject: Official XRI TC Meeting March 10 or 11

XRI TC Members and Observers,

The attendees of the TC call held today agreed that we need the next three
weeks to finish review of the three normative specifications in the XRI 2.0
suite (Syntax, Resolution, and Metadata). Mature working drafts of all three
have been posted (see URIs at the end of this message for both Word and PDF
version of each), so we are confident that with diligent review by TC
members over the next two weeks (leaving a week for any final editorial
polishes), we can be ready for a Committee Draft vote by the end of the
third week.

Therefore we are planning an OFFICIAL XRI TC telecon for either the early
evening (USA time) of Thursday March 10, or early morning (USA time) of
Friday March 11. The exact date and time will depend on the time that will
work best for our Japanese and Indian participants (Nat Sakimura, Masaki
Nishitani, Tetsu Watanabe, and Ajay Madhok) and our European participant
(Eamonn Neylon).

I will contact each of them individually regarding the best time and then
publish the final time early next week. In the meantime, please mark your
calendars for these prospective times and plan to attend this meeting as we
require a 2/3 majority vote of all voting members to pass a Committee Draft
and begin the OASIS 30-day review period.

And please make it a high priority to complete your review of these three
normative specification drafts before the next TC call at the end of next
week (final timing to be set early next week). Please send any feedback
directly to the list, or to any of the editors.

Thank you,

=Drummond

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/11393/xri-syntax-2.0-wd-04
.doc