xri message

Subject: Anybody need X-XRI-Canonical and XRI aliases during local access?

Section 2.5.5 - X-XRI-Canonical and the section 2.5.2 use of Location headers containing XRI's.

I've removed this since its not clear to me thats its particularily well thought through, that its a little surprising for most folks, and could raise some questions. Does anybody have a specific use requiringthe HTTP-based *XRI* aliasing during X2R local access?

Note that HTTP-redirects are always still available during X2R local access. Its just that their semantics would not specifically be defined as XRI->XRI mapping without the language in there now.

    -Gabe

gwachob@visa.com
Chief Systems Architect
Technology Strategies and Standards
Visa International
Phone: +1.650.432.3696   Fax: +1.650.554.6817