xri message

Subject: Re: [xri] Groups - XRI Metadata 2.0 Working Draft 04 (Word) (wd-xri-metadata-04.doc) uploaded

On Wednesday 09 March 2005 04:26 pm, Wachob, Gabe wrote:
> Peter-
>  I think that would be a little confusing, actually. I think in
> metadata we are explicit that $ namespaces can be defined in other
> specifications. We do *not* (I believe) reference *from* the metadata
> spec to the resolution spec -- that was done to prevent a circular
> dependency between metadata and rez. However, I'm fine with such
> circular references and maybe that'd clear it up.
>
>  If we don't want to change this, I'd be happy with the status
> quo as well.

well, the MD spec does normatively (i think) ref Resolution already.  so we've
already made the dependancy.  i'm ok w/it as is ... this DOES mean tho that
we need the OASIS registry folks involved if other specs (outside XRI) can
define these (we had language which had reserved the '$' namespace for XRI-TC
use only.  i do not recall seeing that in the MD spec (it used to be in the
XRIv1.0 spec tho).

--- peterd