xri message

Subject: Final spec report & REMINDER OF MONDAY TC VOTE!!

XRI TC Members and Observers,

Although the final production details took a little longer than we thought
(they always do), all three of the final release candidate specification
documents have now been uploaded in both Word and PDF formats. The links are
compiled at the end of this message for easy reference.

Many thanks to Mary McRae, OASIS staff administrator for the XRI TC, for her
very cogent walk-through this morning of the final production details with
Dave, Gabe, and I.

If Monday's vote is affirmative to advance these working drafts to Committee
Draft status, we plan to submit them to OASIS Monday afternoon immediately
after the vote. Because this is the primary purpose of the meeting, and
because several attendees will be on very tight schedules, we intend to hold
the vote as early on the call as we can. We will then follow that vote with
discussion of the Introduction to XRI draft that will be posted Monday
morning (Dave and I will be working on it this weekend.) If there is
consensus on a first draft, we'll vote on that (which Mary recommends), and
then close the meeting so we can proceed with the submission to OASIS (which
requires posting the minutes, posting the Committee Draft versions, and
sending notice to Mary.)

I'll send a separate formal agenda message next.

Have a good weekend,

=Drummond

*************

FINAL RELEASE CANDIDATE SPECS (Note these are the public links, not the
private XRI TC links, so you can forward these to others.)

SYNTAX

XRI Syntax 2.0 Working Draft 08 (Word)
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/11812/xri-syntax-V2.0-wd-0
8.doc

XRI Syntax 2.0 Working Draft 08 (PDF)
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/11813/xri-syntax-V2.0-wd-0
8.pdf

RESOLUTION

XRI Resolution 2.0 Working Draft 07 (Word)
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/11814/xri-resolution-V2.0-
wd-07.doc

XRI Resolution 2.0 Working Draft 07 (PDF)
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/11814/xri-resolution-V2.0-
wd-07.pdf

METADATA

XRI Metadata 2.0 Working Draft 07 (Word)
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/11816/xri-metadata-V2.0-wd
-07.doc

XRI Metadata 2.0 Working Draft 07 (PDF)
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/11817/xri-metadata-V2.0-wd