xri message

Subject: My discussion about XRI on IRC

As XRI is getting more visibility with W3C folks, I spent snme time on IRC discussing XRI with Sean Palmer, a w3c and semantic web-interested person on #swig - the "Semantic Web Interest Group" IRC channel. This channel is inhabited by a good number of W3C folks, including several of the TAG members.

The logs are below, in case anyone is interested in seeing my informal discussion. It was clear that the introductory document wasn't very effective with this crowd as the use cases described in the document didn't seem particularily difficult to meet and it wasn't obvious how XRI was addressing those use cases more directly than one could address them with HTTP URIs...

http://ilrt.org/discovery/chatlogs/swig/2005-04-20.html#T00-33-58

    -Gabe
gwachob@visa.com
Chief Systems Architect
Technology Strategies and Standards
Visa International
Phone: +1.650.432.3696   Fax: +1.650.554.6817