xri message

Subject: XRI 2.0 Committee Draft V2 Task List

XRI TC Members and Observers,

A group of the XRI editors held a call last week to discuss both the errata
and any substantive revisions that should be made to the XRI 2.0 Committee
Draft V1 specifications on the basis of the feedback received during the
public review period.

The outcome was an XRI 2.0 Committee Draft V2 task list, appended below and
also posted as a wiki page on the XRI/XDI wiki at:

	http://xrixdi.idcommons.net/moin.cgi/XriTc_2fXri2CommitteeDraftV2

As tasks are completed by the assignees, they should both send mail to the
XRI list and update their task status on this wiki page.

Should any other feedback or suggestions regarding the V1 Committee Drafts
come up, please send it to the XRI list for discussion, after which if it
results in a correction or change it will be added to the task list.

=Drummond

= XRI 2.0 Committee Draft V2 Task List =

== Introduction ==
This page maintains the current task list for producing the V2 Committee
Drafts of the XRI 2.0 specifications. The V1 Committee Drafts are all listed
on the home page of the [http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/xri OASIS XRI
Technical Committee].

== Errata ==
This section contains only minor errata discovered in the public review
process.

=== Syntax ===

==== ABNF Correction ====
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xri/200504/msg00001.html.

=== Resolution ===

==== Typo (Line 585) ====
should be "URI-normal form". See
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xri/200504/msg00033.html.

==== XRI Example (Line 864) ====
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xri/200503/msg00084.html.

==== XRID Example ====
specifics on this one.)

==== Missing NS ID ====
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xri/200505/msg00005.html.

==== XMLDSIG Prefix (Line 1363) ====
and Gabe:

''I've been digging into this, and I am reasonably certain that your
PrefixList is wrong and could cause you interop problems some day.
Basically, this list tells Exc-c14n that, when the targeted document
fragment (that is, the XRIDescriptor element) is canonicalized, any
inherited context ns declarations for the specified prefixes need to be
propagated down into the target fragment (that is handled as in regular
C14n).  (I'm not quite sure if I'm using the exact technical terms that the
holy w3c gurus would use, but it's close enough and I think you will
understand my words).

So using your example, exc-C14n with your prefix list would (correctly)
propagate the default ns declaration from XRIDesscriptors into it.  But then
suppose the XRIDescriptor (complete with signature) is plopped inside some
other envelope for sending to someone, and that that envelope just happened
to declare a namespace with a prefix of typens (just selecting one at random
from your list).

When the recipient of that goes to try to validate the signature on
XRIDescriptor, EX C14N will now propagate that ns declaration down into the
XRIDescriptor - making a very different serialization - and the signature
won't validate.

I am fairly sure that the list you really want for your example as written
is just "#default"

==> However - there is an error in your example that will make that list
wrong. Your example is not well-formed in that you use the namespace prefix
xrid for the id attribute on XRIDescriptor, but your ns declaration in
XRIDescriptors makes only a default declaration and does not bind the xrid
prefix to anything.

So what you need to make the example work (I am about 97-99% certain on
this):

1) make it <XRIDescriptors xmlns="xri://$res*schema/XRIDescriptor"
xmlns:xrid="xri://$res*schema/XRIDescriptor">

2) make it PrefixList="#default xrid"
''

=== Metadata ===
''No errata at this time.''

== Substantive Revisions ==
This section contains substantive changes resulting from public review.

=== Syntax ===
''No revisions at this time.''

=== Resolution ===

==== Priority Attribute in XRIDs ====
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xri/200505/msg00006.html.

==== Text about TTLs ====
explaining why TTL was not provided as an option for specifying XRID
expiration. The reasons:
  * Two options already (Expires element and HTTP header), so a third option
would just be confusing.
  * Determining the effective start time can be ambiguous, and forcing the
XRID to include the start time would defeat the purpose of the TTL.

==== Resolution Type ====
resolution an XRIA type, and use TrustMechanism to declare specific trust
mechanisms.

==== Proxy Resolution Part 1 - Proxy URL's ====
recommendation about the structure of the URL's for proxy resolution. We
discussed using query syntax and also using the $res namespace with
something like $res*proxy.

==== Proxy Resolution Part 2 - XRID Handling ====
represent a chain of XRIDs when an external synonym is followed in the
resolution chain.

==== Proxy Resolution Part 3 - Updated Text ====
specifying proxy resolution default of providing HTTP redirects, and
providing XRIDs when the content type is set to "XRID", and the rules for
the returned XRID.

=== Metadata ===
''No revisions at this time.''