xri message

Subject: RE: [xri] tag for local scope comment

I realized that it probably *doesn't* go without saying that I'm
assuming that there are additional unstated use cases or requirements
that have led to the proposal for the $x metadata namespace.  Based on
the text of the proposal though, it is not clear that anything other
than basic XRI syntax is needed.  It would be helpful if someone could
let us know what those other use cases or requirements are.

Mike