xri message

Subject: Re: [xri] tag for local scope comment

So, for me, it seems that there is a missing piece of the puzzle.

In HTML href's (for example) there is an implied URI scheme "HTTP", in XDI
(presumably), the default URI scheme would be XRI.

So the context determines the identifier scheme.  Now on to the metadata of
the xri...

While it may be tempting to create metadata tags for each and every explicit
identifier type, it seems to me a more extensible solution (one which does
not necessarily require rev's to the MD spec as new identifiers arise) would
be to define a single MD tag ($x for example) whose value is the identifier
type ($x/urn)/urn:example:identifier

Would this not fulfill those requirements?

Perhaps it makes sense for the MD spec to enumerate some of the identifiers,
and borrow a page from the SSTC, who now accepts and publishes additional
profiles (in our case, definitions) of the $x namespace.

--- peterd