xri message

Subject: RE: [xri] Metadata I1 - Identifier Type

The idea is that there should be a standardized, canonical
representation of various common identifier types - a standard way to
represent something like an employee number in an XRI, for example. The
+ namespace isn't sufficient for this because there's no authority to
give it an official definition.

The request, which came from external parties, is that the TC publish
these canonical representations to promote interoperability. They've
volunteered to most of the work on putting these together.

Dave