xri message

Subject: RE: [xri] Groups - Draft XRI 2.0 CD02 Revision Proposal (draft-xri-2-cd02-abnf-v1.doc) uploaded

I just took a look at the requirements listed for this issue.  They are:

    * To allow empty segments of the path at all levels.
    * To better align XRI with IRI and URI path syntax.

At the beginning of the year as we were working on XRI 2.0, Gabe and I
argued for exactly these requirements and for allowing empty path
segments in the ABNF.  What I'd like to understand is why these are
requirements now when they were shot down earlier this year.

Mike

4487/draft-xri-2-cd02-abnf-v1.doc