xri message

Subject: Agenda for XRI TC Calls Thursday 8PM PT USA/ Friday 9AM PT USA

[IMPORTANT NOTE: A reminder that the two weekly XRI TC calls we are holding
before the Oct. 15th Committee Draft 02 vote are for DIFFERENT TIME ZONES.
The 8PM THURSDAY USA call is for Asia and US participants; the FRIDAY 9PM
USA call is for US and Europe participants. US participants may choose
whichever call is more convenient for them, but are not expected to attend
both calls. At a minimum I will attend both calls to ensure continuity.]

[SECOND IMPORTANT NOTE: The dial-in number for the 8PM THURSDAY call has
changed. See below.]

[THIRD IMPORTANT NOTE: See the agenda below for the items we will be
discussing on this week's calls. There is much to cover and try to reach
consensus on, so please read up on each agenda topic before the meeting and
come prepared with questions/issues/recommendations in advance.]

The call schedule and dial-in info for each call follows below. NOTE THAT
THE TWO CALLS HAVE DIFFERENT DIAL-IN INFO:

*** ASIA/NORTH AMERICA CALL ***
	* 8:00pm Thursday evening San Fransisco US
	* 11:00pm Thursday evening Washington DC US
	* 8:30am Friday morning Delhi India
	* 12:00pm Friday afternoon Tokyo Japan

Dial-in number: 218-936-6666
Access Code: 2647893

*** NORTH AMERICA/EUROPE CALL ***
	* 9:00am Friday morning San Fransisco US
	* Noon Friday Washington DC US
	* 8:00pm Friday evening Dubai UAE

Dial-in info:

TO ACCESS THE AUDIO CONFERENCE:
Dial In Number: 571-434-5750
Conference ID: 5474

TO ACCESS THE WEB CONFERENCE:
Click on the link below:
http://conferencemanager.neustar.com/Login/ParticipantLogIn.asp
Conference ID: 5474

**************

AGENDA FOR THURSDAY 9/22 & FRIDAY 9/23 XRI TC CALLS (UNOFFICIAL)

1) SYNTAX ISSUE #2 - PROPOSED ABNF FOR EMPTY PATH SEGMENTS
See the full description at:

	http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xri/Xri2Cd02/SynTax/I2ProposedAbnf

In particular, read the detailed analysis and proposal at:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/14487/draft-xri-2-cd02-abn
f-v1.doc

We need to close on this to begin the final drafting of Syntax Committee
Draft 02.

2) SYNTAX ISSUE #8 - XRI/IRI AUTHORITY SPOOFING
See the full description at:

http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xri/Xri2Cd02/SynTax/I8IriAuthoritySpoofing

See also the thread entitled "RE: [xri] GCS Spoofing at:

	http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xri/200509/threads.html

Wil, if you are able to post a reply to my questions about your final
recommendation on this issue before the calls, that would be great. We'd
like to close on it so we can complete drafting of the Committee Draft 02
spec.

3) METADATA ISSUE #1: IDENTIFIER TYPE SECTION
Per an email yesterday to the list, this issue has now evolved into a formal
proposal to add a $t tag to the Metadata specification. The requirements and
proposal are posted at:

http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xri/Xri2Cd02/MetaData/I1IdentifierTypeSection

Since this is the only remaining outstanding issue for Metadata, it would be
great to see if we have consensus on the requirements and this proposal so
drafting of the $t section can begin.

4) RESOLUTION ISSUES #7, #8, #9, #10, #13 REQUIREMENTS DISCUSSION
Proposers of these issues are currently working on a detailed use cases and
requirements document that will be posted as soon as possible tomorrow
(Thursday USA). If we have time on the call, we'll begin discussion of these
use cases and requirements; if not, we'll just try to agree to a game plan
for moving the discussion forward as rapidly as possible over the next week.