xri message

Subject: XRI Res CD02 proposed decision tree

I've talked with Gabe and there is a clear sense at this point that we need to move from the high-level conceptual definition of XRI resolution down into the concrete decisions we need to make to arrive at XRI Resolution 2.0 Committee Draft 02. As best we can tell, these decisions fall into four buckets:

1) Refactoring the Res CD01 spec (for readability and to remove most of the non-normative material).

2) Structure of an XRID.

3) Structure of an HXRI (HTTP XRI – the form of an XRI that can be resolved using an HTTP proxy resolver).

4) Rules/requirements for proxy resolution.

We would like to suggest that:

a) This week's two calls (Thurs. 9AM PT and Fri 8:30AM PT) focus on these four topics, with the goal of driving to consensus on each of the four as quickly as possible so that the editors can proceed into drafting ASAP.

b) TC members who care about these topics submit and discuss strawman proposals on each of the four via email prior to the the calls so that we're not starting discussion from scratch.

No response = agreement on this process, so you feel we should use a different process, speak up. Otherwise we'll make this our call agenda for Thursday/Friday and invite submissions/discussions of strawmen beginning immediately.

=Drummond