xri message

Subject: XRI TC Telecon 8:30AM Pacific Friday 11/11

Gabe and I apologize for the very late reminder of the weekly XRI TC call
tomorrow morning:

Date:  Friday, 11 November 2005
Time:  08:30am - 10:00am PT

Event Description:
XRI TC Unofficial Telecon to finish Committee Draft 02 cycle

Dial-in number: 218-936-6666
Access Code: 2647893

Agenda:

1) VOTE ON XRI SYNTAX 2.0 BALLOT
Enough said! (Only six TC members have yet to vote.)

2) PREP FOR XRI SYNTAX 2.0 SUBMISSION
Drummond and Gabe will go over the submission and make sure the necessary
certifications are submitted.

3) WALK-THROUGH OF XRI RESOLUTION WORKING DRAFT 09
Although Drummond took much longer than he expected to complete this draft,
it is finally posted. The files are available at:

	Word:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/15309/xri-resolution-V2.0-
wd-09.doc

	PDF:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/15310/xri-resolution-V2.0-
wd-09.pdf

Since it was posted so late, little review by the other editors has been
possible, so we will concentrate primarily on a walk-through of the key
highlights, e.g.:

a) Due to the complete refactoring of the spec, it was not possible to
maintain revision marks (Word just choked). A full review is necessary
anyway.

b) After much consultation with Gabe, we propose separating/renaming of the
XRIDescriptor and XRIDescriptors elements into new XML namespaces called XRD
(Extensible Resource Descriptor) and XRDS. See section 2 for complete
details.

c) Local resolution (retreival of an XRD for the local part of an XRI) has
been fully specified.

d) HXRIs and proxy resolution have been fully specified.

e) Dave's Pattern element proposal has been integrated in local and proxy
resolution.