xri message

Subject: Minutes: XRI TC Telecon 8:30AM Pacific Friday 11/11

Following are minutes from the 2005/11/11 unofficial XRI TC telecon:

Date:  Friday, 11 November 2005
Time:  08:30am - 10:00am PT

Dial-in number: 218-936-6666
Access Code: 2647893

Present:

Gabe
Drummond
Victor
Steve
Peter
Mike
Les

Agenda:

1) VOTE ON XRI SYNTAX 2.0 BALLOT
The vote is currently unanimous and has passed the 2/3 majority. Six TC
members still need to vote.

# ACTION ITEM: Gabe will send email to the six TC members who have not yet
voted.

2) PREP FOR XRI SYNTAX 2.0 SUBMISSION
First we asked for TC members who are using XRI Syntax 2.0 to submit their
successful use certifications.

# ACTION ITEM: All TC members who intend to submit XRI Syntax 2.0
certification statements, please send them to the list by noon PT on Monday,
11/14.

We then reviewed the requirements for an OASIS submission.

# ACTION ITEM: Drummond to complete a first draft and send it to the list
this weekend. Any TC member who has feedback should send it prior to noon PT
on Monday, 11/14.

3) XRI FAQ AND INTRO TO XDI DOCUMENTS
We discussed the need for updated drafts of these two documents to be posted
by Dec. 1 when the XRI Syntax 2.0 vote notice goes out.

Mike and Gabe will continue to lead production of an updated version of the
XRI FAQ.

# ACTION ITEM: Mike to send a link to current FAQ draft to the list and ask
for feedback.

# ACTION ITEM: Gabe and Mike will post an updated version of their new draft
of the FAQ.

Drummond, Marty, and Les have the lead on producing a new draft of the
Introduction to XRI document.

# ACTION ITEM: Drummond and Marty and Les to post a draft for review by
other TC members by 11/28.

Since both of these documents should be approved by a TC motion before
posting, we need to schedule a meeting for 11/30.

# ACTION ITEM (Done): Drummond to schedule an official TC meeting on the
30th at 9AM PT.

3) WALK-THROUGH OF XRI RESOLUTION WORKING DRAFT 09
The files are now posted at:

	Word:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/15309/xri-resolution-V2.0-
wd-09.doc

	PDF:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/15310/xri-resolution-V2.0-
wd-09.pdf

Drummond covered the following key points about this new draft:

a) Due to the complete refactoring of the spec, it was not possible to
maintain revision marks (Word just choked). A full review is necessary
anyway.

b) The XRIDescriptor and XRIDescriptors elements from a single namespace in
CD01 have been broken into two new XML namespaces called XRD
(Extensible Resource Descriptor) and XRDS. It is proposed that the XRI
Resolution spec assign these the XRIs "$xrds" and "$xrd", with the former
not being versioned and the latter being versonable, with this version being
"$xrd*($v*2.0)". See section 2 for details.

c) As the previous paragraph shows, WD09 also incorporates the proposed
revision to XRI Metadata that all the XRI metadata namespaces will use * as
the delimiter (vs. / as was used in XRI Metadata CD01.)

d) The new "URI-style" XRD structure has been incorporated.

e) Local resolution (retreival of an XRD for the local part of an XRI) is
now fully specified.

f) HXRIs and proxy resolution have been fully specified.

g) Dave's Pattern element proposal has been integrated in local and proxy
resolution.

# ACTION ITEM: All TC members to review and send feedback to the list.

4) TARGET DATES FOR NEXT DRAFTS
We discussed the target dates for the next Working Drafts of XRI Resolution
and XRI Metadata. There was consensus that we wanted these available when
XRI Syntax 2.0 voting begins Dec. 1. So the goals are:

# ACTION ITEM: XRI Resolution editor's team (Gabe, Drummond, Les, Dave) to
post Working Draft 10 before the Nov. 30 TC meeting.

# ACTION ITEM: XRI Metadata editor's team (Drummond, Marty, Dave) to post
Working Draft 08 before the Nov. 30 TC meeting.

5) CALL SCHEDULE
It was agreed that since this time slot does not work well for Asia, we
would move the regular weekly calls we are holding until the completion of
the XRI 2.0 CD cycle to 10AM Fridays, and institute a Thursday evening call
for Asia/U.S. participants. Due to the U.S. Thanksgiving holiday, the
Thursday evening calls will begin in December.

# ACTION ITEM (Done): Drummond to update the regular weekly call time on the
TC calendar.

=Drummond