xri message

Subject: PLEASE READ before XRI TC call 10AM Pacific

XRI TC Members and Observers:

Although it is very late the night before our special XRI TC meeting
tomorrow morning, I have finally posted the key document that Gabe and I
propose we use as the main XRI education/evangelism document during the XRI
Syntax 2.0 voting period in December.

Ironically this turned out not to be the revised Introduction to XRI
document (upon which we are still working), but rather the revised XRI 2.0
FAQ.

The reason is that when I went to review the FAQ draft that Gabe and Mike
had extensively rewritten last May in order to update our very outdated
XRI-1.0-based FAQ, I found it a wealth of easily accessible information that
is likely work for a wider breadth of audiences with a wider breadth of
questions than the Introduction document.

Since there was not time to complete both before the Dec. 1 commencement of
the voting period, and since we MUST have an updated FAQ, I decided to
devote my attention all day today to updating and editing this FAQ document.

This new draft is now ready for review and feedback. Tomorrow's TC call will
be devoted to just this one topic, so please review it if you can prior to
the call so we can collate feedback on the call. Gabe and I can then publish
a revised draft tomorrow afternoon and ask OASIS staff to use that to update
our public FAQ page.

Word and PDF versions are posted at:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/15677/xri-2.0-faq-v2.doc

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/15678/xri-2.0-faq-v2.pdf