xri message

Subject: Issues list (for XRI TC Telecon Thursday 2006/2/16

Following is a list of issues to be discussed on today's call.

1) SIMPLIFIED SERVICE ENDPOINT SELECTION LOGIC PROPOSAL

See:

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xri/download.php/16727/resoluti
on-v2.0-wd-10-ed-05-flowcharts-v2.pdf

2) APPEND ATTRIBUTE PROPOSAL

This is also discussed in the document above, and addresses the issue of how
to handle service types that do not have a specified URI construction
algorithm.

3) NAMING OF ABSOLUTEXRI AND RELATIVEXRI ELEMENTS

It turns out these are not good names because the criteria is not strictly
absolute and relative. New proposed names are CanonicalID and LocalID.

4) ADDITION OF IDREF ATTRIBUTE TO XRD ELEMENT

This was discussed on last week's call. It allows the same XRD to be
included in an nested XRDS document without needing a different xml:id
attribute value.

5) RECOMMENDED/REQUIRED VALUE OF XML:ID ATTRIBUTE

It has been recommended that the xml:id attribute value be a
UUID because that's a legal xml:id value. We need to close on this, as well
as determine what might be necessary to ensure a UUID will work as the
xml:id value (since it must be an NCName).

6) CONSTRUCTION OF URIS WHEN SEP URI INCLUDES A QUERY PARAMETER

Les suggests we just use raw concatenation on all cases.

7) HTTP X-HEADER INPUT PARAMETERS

Open issue as to whether we still need these.

8) THREE DIGIT ERROR CODES

Gabe suggests we adopt the same overall model as HTTP.