xri message

Subject: Test Cases, Interop, Closure

Drummond's proposed change pushes me even more strongly to suggest that
we come up with a good number of test cases concurrently with pushing
this draft to finalization. This will ensure:

A) that we all actually understand this specification (esp the service
selection part)

B) that we believe the wording is understood the same way

C) that we are prepared to interop test with a set of agreed-upon
interop tests

Not that long ago, I proposed a Feb 28th date to hold a set of interop
tests. Wild fantasy, I know, given that its already Feb 21. I hoped we'd
have been more done with the drafts by now, but it looks like we are
finally getting close. Hopefully we'll be able to set up a more
realistic date soon. At the VERY LEAST, I hope that we can show a baked
spec and demonstrate interop by the May 9th OASIS Symposium in San
Francisco (hopefully MUCH earlier). I don't know that we'll do anything
formal, but I think with the attention on OASIS, it would behoove us to
have our work all but wrapped on these important specs.

Can someone (hopefully one of the implementers) step up and start
putting together some test cases (on this path selection part if nothing
else) on the wiki? For path selection, I'm thinking a set of QXRIs, a
set of XRDs and the "results" of applying the path selection algorithm
to the various XRDs with each QXRI.

http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xri/TestCases

This should also be valuable input for the non-normative guide document
that is mentioned in wd10ed05 (why did we get into numbering this way?
Isn't this just wd10 or wd11?)

	-Gabe