xri message

Subject: Re: SV: [xri] Re: XRI Res 2 WD10

Thanks Bryan -- I was afraid that was going to be the answer  ;-)
I'm posting it back to the list - hope that's OK.

Regarding "Basically the Lamp people using Regexe's would be doing it
wrong", I would just say that probably the vast majority of websites on
the internet are doing the HTML standard "wrong" in one way or another,
and that this forgiving quality is what drove the universal adoption of
HTML, while other much more complete and beautiful standards went by
the wayside. To put it another way, the salient quality of the world
wide web is that "partial implementations give partial results". (See
http://www.shirky.com/writings/evolve.html -- I keep pointing people at
that essay, but seriously folks, read it.)

I am still asking for input on whether it would be worthwhile to
recommend as a best practice that XRI authority servers format XRDs
with the unprefixed implicit/default (or whatever you call that)
namespace.

=vg