xri message

Subject: Agenda (Res Open Issues List) for XRI TC Telecon Thursday 2/23 4-5:30PM USA / Friday morning Asia

Following below is the agenda for today's XRI TC call.

Date:  Thursday, 23 February 2006 USA (Friday morning Asia)
Time:  4:00PM - 5:30PM PT

Event Description:
Weekly unofficial call that will continue until the end of the XRI 2.0
cycle.

TO ACCESS THE AUDIO CONFERENCE:
    Dial In Number: 571-434-5750
    Conference ID: 5474

TO ACCESS THE WEB CONFERENCE:
    Click on the link below:
    http://209.173.53.68/Login/ParticipantLogIn.asp
    Conference ID: 5474

We recommend that you test your computer's compatibility before the startof
the web conference by accessing the System Test page:
http://209.173.53.68/systest/SystemTest.asp

********

AGENDA

Our goal is to review the first two of the following three lists pertaining
to XRI Resolution 2.0 Working Draft 10: Technical Open Issues, Editorial
Open Issues, and To Dos.

All line references are to ED 06:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/16853/xri-resolution-v2.0-
wd-10-ed-06.doc

TECHNICAL OPEN ISSUES

1) Line 238 - (Victor) How should we show XML namespaces in the example XRDS
document?

2) Line 655 - Should we allow only the versioned type value?

3) Line 906 - (Drummond) Should there be a separate error code than 206
REF_NOT_FOUND if the Ref is not found during service endpoint selection vs.
authority resolution?

4) Line 913 - (Steve) Should the output of SEP selection also include a list
of CanonicalIDs? If so, how would this be returned in proxy res?

5) Line 935 - (Steve) Are we okay with use of "only" value of match
attribute?

6) Line 967 - (Gabe) Are we okay with path match being case insensitive?

7) Line 1035 - (Gabe) How do we want to manage a list of second-level "xri."
Domains?

8) Line 1119 - (Gabe) Is this logic to prevent circular Refs correct?

9) Line 1130 - (Gabe and Steve) Do we agree that standard SEP selection
should be applied when doing Ref processing to locate an authority
resolution service? Should we require that the type explicitly be
"xri://$res*auth*($v*2.0)"?

10) Line 1208 - (Steve) Should we drop error code 202 CYCLIC_REF?

11) Line 1223+ - Are the error instructions in this section correct?

12) Line 1316 - (Gabe) Confirm that extension architecture still works and
that the XML namespaces are handled properly.

13) Appendix A - Is there an xml:idref attribute? Should we just use
xrd:idref?

EDITORIAL OPEN ISSUES

1) Line 27 - Are we going to have a separate Implementer's Guide and who is
going to write it?

2) If not, or even if so, how and where should we show examples of authority
resolution and service endpoint selection?

3) Line 146 - Where should we put XRI resolution architecture overview and
how should we represent the two phases, i.e., the fact that service endpoint
selection does not actually involve any further network calls?

4) Line 296 - Should we only use @attribute notation in XPath? And is it
@ns:attribute or ns:@attribute?

5) Lines 317+ - Clarify that LocalID, CanonicalID, and Ref are all types of
synonyms.

6) Line 1158 - same issue as Line 238 in terms of formatting of XRDS example
wrt XML namespaces.

7) Line 1210 - Do we need section 9.2 and is Steve going to write it?

8) Appendix A - Who is going to produce and who will cross-check updated XML
schema?

TO DOS

1) Line 238 - Fix wording to make sure section 3.2 is normative but clarify
that normative schema is Appendix A.

2) Line 451 - Move section 3.3.4 to section 6.3.1.

3) Lines 520-528 - Move to architecture overview section.

4) Update flowcharts to reference correct error numbers/ranges.

5) Add info about state to flowcharts to make it clear what it being passed.

6) Line 810 - clarify the value of the Name attribute of the SAML Attribute
element.

7) Line 1061 - Need to update for new TOO_MANY_REF error.

8) Line 1285 - Reword per Gabe's comment.

9) Line 1332 - Add para explaining need for dsig to still span elements.

10) Line 1369 - Add credit for language to SAML spec.

11) Line 1397 - Update about DNS security per Gabe's comment.