xri message

Subject: RE: [xri] XRI Res ED 08 decision - need feedback

I'd prefer to keep the SAML extension for the reasons provided.

I think the trust mechanism is likely to be the first place where
extensions (private or public) are likely to occur. I don't want to
suggest there is only one trust mechanism possible.

In addition, I don't know that we really want to mess with text/uri-list
by creating a derivate text/uri-list-trusted (or -saml). It feels like
we'd be stepping on someone else's specification.

Have we considered using MIME parameters instead of a plethora of media
types?

Something like:
application/xrds+xml; trusted=saml
application/xrds+xml; trusted=none
application/xrd+xml; filtered=sep

Just seems to be more in line with the intent of RFC 2045. Here's the
language:

  "Parameters are modifiers of the media subtype, and as such do not
   fundamentally affect the nature of the content.  The set of
   meaningful parameters depends on the media type and subtype.  Most
   parameters are associated with a single specific subtype.  However, a
   given top-level media type may define parameters which are applicable
   to any subtype of that type.  Parameters may be required by their
   defining content type or subtype or they may be optional. MIME
   implementations must ignore any parameters whose names they do not
   recognize."

   -Gabe