xri message

Subject: Minutes: XRI TC Telecon Thursday 3/9

[XRI RES EDITORS - SEE THE ACTION ITEMS UNDER YOUR NAME AT THE END]

Following are the minutes of the unofficial XRI TC telecon on:

Date:  Thursday, 9 March 2006 USA (Friday morning Asia)
Time:  4:00PM - 5:30PM PT

PRESENT

Gabe
Steve
Les
Drummond
Wil

AGENDA

1) UPDATE ON PROGRESS OF PREP FOR OASIS STANDARD VOTE
We discussed the ongoing work to prep for an OASIS Standard vote. The first
step is completing the XRI 2.0 cycle. The second step is updating the XRI
2.0 FAQ to include current info about Resolution and Metadata in addition to
Syntax. The third step is a new white paper that will focus on the core use
cases that XRI TC members and their customers have that drove us to develop
two generations of XRI architecture. This last piece will be our primary
"sales" document as we then hold conversations with key industry and OASIS
members to prepare for the vote.

2) REVIEW OF XRI RESOLUTION 2.0 WORKING DRAFT 10 ED 08
We discussed the following list of proofing, open issues, and to-dos. Line
numbers are based on the PDF posted at:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/17074/xri-resolution-v2.0-
wd-10-ed-08.pdf

Key:
* = discussion
# = decision
### = action item (note that these are ordered by assignee)

*** PROOFING ***
The following were checklist items of updates in ED 08 that specific editors
needed to check. All were reviewed on the call and resulted only in minor
tweaks made in real time by Drummond during the call.

Line 26 - XRI 2.0 FAQ

Line 272 - All of section 2.3 on media types

Line 353 - Normative non-schema language

Line 555 - All of section 4 on inputs and outputs

Line 753 - Explanation of use of ref error codes

Line 787 - Updated text on suggested contents of community root XRDS
documents

Line 828 - Gabe should read through the updated terminology in 5.1.6

Line 1325 - Confirm that we want to add this value

Line 1603 - Gabe should proof

*** OPEN ISSUES ***

Line 278 - should we add trust=https+saml ?

# - The consensus was that yes, we should add this, and put it a third
subsection of section 6. Assigned to Drummond (see below).

Line 366 - Should we be using xrd:ref attribute instead of Query element?

# - The consensus was that although this makes conceptual sense, the
semantics of having an attribute called ref on XRD that accepts a local
identifier, vs. the absolute identifier for XRDS, would be confusing. No
change will be made.

Line 792 - HOLDOVER - How to reference public XRI communities
Line 1156 - Same issue

* Postponed until the next draft.

Line 1473 - Do we need an error for HTTPS_NOT_FOUND

# Yes. We discussed it and agreed that we will subdivide the error codes
using the second digit into the following subclasses:

0 = any
1 = input
2 = generic authority resolution
3 = trusted authority resolution
4 = service endpoint selection

Appendix E - Is everyone cool with the example API at
http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xri/Xri2Cd02/ResolutionExampleApi

# Consensus was that this was mature enough for Steve to put into a draft
for Appendix C (see below).

*** TO-DOS ***

*** STEVE ***

### Line 1233 - Section 8 - Proof this whole section and if necessary
suggest text for this section or Appendix H to make it easier to understand
the matching/selection rules.

### Appendix C - Example API - Send Drummond a draft in Word

*** GABE ***

### Line 1586 - confirm that the XML example is legal or fix this section if
not

### Line 1671 - Draft the new proposed text for this section, send to
Drummond (or the list) in email or a Word doc

### Second draft of updated XML schema after received from Drummond

*** WIL ***

### Line 1302 - Send Drummond the reference(s) needed to specify how Unicode
case insensitivity should be done (note that Wil completed this before I
completed the minutes ;-)

*** LES ***

### Third draft of updated XML schema.

*** PETER ***

### Line 1021 - Confirm if SAML Name attribute value is correct

*** DRUMMOND ***

### Line 178 - Draft text and diagrams

### Line 278 - Add trust=https+saml option

### Add Section 6.3 on HTTPS+SAML

### Line 1473 - Renumber error codes

### Line 1610 - Add reference to RCC 2045

### Line 1643 - Find wording from SAML to acknowledge

### Line 1782/Appendix A - do first draft of updated XML schema (Gabe second
draft, Steve/Les/Wil third)

### General - Add someplace the rationale for the refs parameter,
i.e., explain why a proxy resolver might have a no-refs policy.

*** POSTPONED UNTIL AFTER WORKING DRAFT 10 (UNASSIGNED) ***

Appendix C & D - Media Type definitions

Appendix F, G, H - Examples of generic res, SAML trusted res, and service
endpoint selection