xri message

Subject: RE: [xri] Minutes: XRI TC Telecon Thursday 3/9

Steve,

Outstanding suggestions. I will make all these changes to ED 09. I am just
finishing with the new text for section 1.1, and will ship the updated
schema for Gabe to proof later today.

=Drummond

-----Original Message-----
From: Steven Churchill [mailto:steven.churchill@xdi.org]
Sent: Monday, March 13, 2006 10:51 AM
To: xri@lists.oasis-open.org

Drummond,

As per my TODO, I've proofed section 8 from an algorithmic standpoint, and I
see no problems with it.

Here are some comments regarding clarity of spec:

Section 8.2.1: We should call out that the "element value" will be ignored
for all of "default", "any", "non-null", "null", and "none" match attribute
values. The element value is only used for "content".

Section 8.2.2: We should also call out what happens when the match attribute
value is "content" and the "element value" is empty.

Section 8.1, Figure 2: I think it better if the note reads: "This involves a
recursive call..." rather that "This is a recursive call...", because the
actual code will need to make preparations before invoking the resolution
phase. This same change would apply to the Authority Resolution flowchart in
section 5.1.

Section 8.1. List item 4 (line 1249). I believe that "a resolver MUST
perform reference processing" rather than "a resolver SHOULD perform
reference processing". After all, it is a MUST during authority resolution
on item 10 of section 5.1.2 (line 753).

~ Steve