xri message

Subject: RE: [xri] Question about update to XSD for XRI Resolution 2.0

Victor (and all the XML gods):

What I hear Victor saying here is that we should not be declaring any "xrd:"
namespace prefix in the example in the spec (section 3.2). So both the XRDS
element and the XRD element will declare their namespaces "inline" and thus
these will be the default namespaces for their child elements.

I'm making this change in ED 09 unless anyone posts an objection.

=Drummond

-----Original Message-----
From: Victor Grey [mailto:victor@idcommons.org]
Sent: Friday, March 10, 2006 12:56 PM
To: xri@lists.oasis-open.org

That's a very helpful clarification to something I was still confused
about Drummond - thanks.
There appears to be one typo though, in the XRD namespace attribute.
You say:

<XRDS xmlns="xri://$xrds" ref="xri://(example.root)*foo">
<XRD xmlns:xrd="xri://$xrd*($v*2.0)">
	<Query>*foo</Query>
	<Status code="100"/>
	<Expires>2005-05-30T09:30:10Z</Expires>
	<ProviderID>urn:uuid:c9f812f3-6544-4e3c-874e311

This, I think, should either be

<XRDS xmlns="xri://$xrds" ref="xri://(example.root)*foo">
<XRD xmlns="xri://$xrd*($v*2.0)">
	<Query>*foo</Query>
	<Status code="100"/>
	<Expires>2005-05-30T09:30:10Z</Expires>
	<ProviderID>urn:uuid:c9f812f3-6544-4e3c-874e311

or (the imho gratuitously obfuscated):

<XRDS xmlns="xri://$xrds" ref="xri://(example.root)*foo">
<xrd:XRD xmlns:xrd="xri://$xrd*($v*2.0)">
	<xrd:Query>*foo</Query>
	<xrd:Status code="100"/>
	<xrd:Expires>2005-05-30T09:30:10Z</Expires>
	<xrd:ProviderID>urn:uuid:c9f812f3-6544-4e3c-874e311

This typo still exists in the example XRD in ED8 as well.

=vg