xri message

Subject: RE: [xri] Yadis 1.0 is waiting on us

Gabe,

I suspected you'd come back with this range of options. That's the deal with
XML schema -- it's just a plethora of choices.

So let me spin this back around. You are the original architect of the
extensibility design of the XRDS and XRD schemas. Here's what I consider the
design goals for the updated schema:

#1: to preserve the namespace/extensibility architecture you worked out (and
which Yadis is already using).

#2: to make it easy for developers to produce and consume XRDS and XRD
documents without having to know/understand complex namespace rules (e.g.,
Victor's comments).

#3: to enforce the XRD element and attribute requirements of Working Draft
10 ed 09 (which I believe are all reflected in both of the versions I
posted).

Given those goals, can you come back with your recommended schema?

My personal feedback is that I'm happy to go to RelaxNG and make that the
normative schema if you think that's best. I'm also willing to live with
namespace-qualified attribute names if we agree that's best.

Also, if you want to discuss via phone, just buzz me.

=Drummond