xri message

Subject: Encoding plus (+) sign

Hi XRItes,

The resolution specification does not say that we have to URL-escape the query parameters before merging it into the proxy URI. However, our most important MIME type “application/xrds+xml” contains a plus sign which has special legacy meaning which gets decoded as a space character on the server side. The parameter values could get corrupted if we don’t escape it, especially when merging with existing QXRI query string. So, my argument is to require that the query parameter values be URL-encoded (by that I mean percent encoding any symbol in the “iquery” production).

=wil (http://xri.net/=wil)