xri message

Subject: Content-Type return (Issue #26)

Hi list,

Section 11.2.3 of xri-res-2.0-wd10 specifies the value of Content-type headers in resolution response. It is, however, not very clear about the "trust" parameter - whether it should or should not be included, or optional.

I propose to clarify that, as well as to have wording for how a client should use the parameter in the return Content-type.

It seems to me that if the server returns the trust type, it is saying that "this is the trust type that I used to answer your query" so a client can be confident that the server did not just totally ignored its request trust type. However, there is really no guarantee that the server did not simply copied it from the request Accept header value or _xrd_r parameter to the Content-type header in the response. The only way the client can be sure is to actually do the resolution subsegment-by-subsegment and verifying everything itself.

I've added a brief note to the WD11 wiki:

http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xri/Xri2Cd02/ResWorkingDraft11#head-11f2228d4b15434c83d5807a8e4aaac588998672

Thoughts?

=wil (http://xri.net/=wil)