xri message

Subject: Minutes:Joint XRI & XDI TC Telecon 10AM PT Thursday 2007-03-15

Following are the minutes for the joint unofficial telecon of the XRI and XDI TCs at:

Date:  Thursday, 15 March 2007 USA

Time:  10:00AM - 12:00PM Pacific Time

ATTENDING

Steve Churchill

Wil Tan

Drummond Reed

Marty Schleiff (second half)

1) REMINDER TO REGISTER FOR THE OASIS SYMPOSIUM AND XRI/XDI F2F MEETING

Hotel and registration discount deadlines are NOW! See

      http://www.oasis-open.org/events/symposium/2007/index.php

2) XRI RESOLUTION 2.O WD 11 ISSUE #37 - SERVICE REFS

Due to the need to focus on abstract syntax, we skipped this agenda item, but all TC members should review the new wiki page Drummond has posted on this issue:

      http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xri/XriCd02/ServiceRefs

It includes three proposed solutions, all of which are variants on the same

core theme. Please send any feedback to the list; we will close no later than next week’s telecon.

3) XRI SYNTAX 2.1 ABNF

Our starting points for this discussion were:

      http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xri/XriCd02/XriAbnf2dot1

      http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xri/XriCd02/GlobalRefs

We had a very in-depth discussion about the abstract vs. concrete syntax, based on the UML models Wil uploaded:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/22962/xri-abnf-2.1a.png

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/22963/xri-abnf-2.1b.png

Wil also published an ABNF proposal matching the latter at:

      http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xri/XriCd02/XriAbnf2dot1Wil

We also reviewed a model Steve shared with us via WebEx of the 2.0 abstract syntax he implemented in his parser.

In the second half of the call we worked to develop a new abstract syntax model that reflected the greater "fidelity" of the XRI 2.1 syntax proposal and specifically the proposed rule that no delimiters are optional. The result is shown in the graphic below.

# WIL agreed to produce a more formal UML model of the above and also to propose any changes in rule names that make it more intuitive from a developer’s perspective.

# STEVE agreed to do a deeper comparison of the abstract syntax model for XRI 2.0 ABNF and the proposed 2.1 ABNF.

We agreed that we’ll continue to push to consensus on the abstract syntax model as soon as possible, as this is the key to completing the concrete syntax.

=Drummond