xri message

Subject: RE: [xdi] CATERINA, a project proposal

Giovanni,

Thank you very much for this more detailed information about the CATERINA
project. In reading through it, it sounds like a perfect fit for XDI.

I will bring it to the attention of companies I think might be interested,
and I urge other TC members to do the same.

I noted a few items of feedback for section 6, Links:

* Under Digital Identity and Privacy, you mention "OASIS I-Names
initiative". OASIS is the home of the XRI Technical Committee upon which
i-names is based, but i-name registry services is an initiative of XDI.org.
So I'd suggest rephrasing this to "XDI.org I-Names initiative based on OASIS
XRI digital identifier standard"

* LID (Lightweight Identity) is mentioned but OpenID is not. While LID is
still distinct, much of the effort behind it (Johannes Ernst and Netmesh) is
now behind OpenID. So my suggestion would be to update this reference to
"OpenID (openid.net), including LID, SXIP, and I-Names".

* Under Digital Identity and Privacy, I don't see any mention of OASIS SAML
or WS-Trust/Cardspace, both which seem relevant to this area.

I hope this feedback helps.

Best,

=Drummond