xri message

Subject: RE: [Openxri-users] Thoughts about XRI aliases

The “problem” of which I speak is that very smart people such as Markus are forced to ask questions such as:

Markus asked:

> Since @free*a*b and @free*a are aliases, they also share their authority resolution SEP.

> @free*a*b 's own authority and parent authority are the same.

>  Which means that @free*a*b is also available as @free*a*b*b, which is

>  also available as @free*a*b*b*b*b*b*b*b*b*b, etc.

If we (do the correct thing and) formalize the authority graph model from the get-go, then there should be nothing to ask. It becomes extremely simple: Express @free*a*b (etc) as a graph, and then ask if the graph is verifiable.

Gabe, if you want to define “ancillary” XRI graph models (that don’t, for example, verify under CID verification, or verify in different ways) then that is perfectly fine. (I really really mean this.)

But I feel that you are suggesting we should have no graph formalized graph model at all. Yikes.

~ Steve